Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 2!

This week has felt pretty routine. Nothing new really has happened. Jessie and I went to the City Centre Wednesday to have some time away do some shopping. We both left with some cute things that were pretty cheap! I got this cute pink dress and a Jean Jacket that I think can go over all of my dresses so they look more casual!
Yesterday was our second visit to Much Woolton Primary. When we arrived we found out the higher graders were doing confirmation. This meant we had nothing to observe and virtually no time with our students. So instead we were sent to Mr. Finnegan's class. He had a class of students from all ages that were not participating in confirmation. He decided to have a day full of crafts. We were facilitating the students to make olympic crafts. We made torches and flags of all the countries and a huge banner. Me and Bailey made the sign and helped the students color it. All of these crafts we made will be displayed during the school's olympics day Wednesday. I can't wait to see how all of our hard work paid off! Other than the change of itinerary schools the day was still pretty normal. However I did have an "ah-ha" moment. I kept thinking that these students would mess up the poster Bailey and I spent so much time on. And once they started coloring it I realized that I was way off. These kids were brilliant! They are so artistic and so encouraging of each other! I reminds me that I need to see what kids can do before I make any assumptions. I hope these experiences make me a great teacher!
Well we are leaving for Berlin Germany in about and hour. We have a 3 hour flight. I can't wait to blog about it when I get home! Cheers!

No comments: