The morning of day 2 in Scotland was more relaxed. We made the plan to go get lunch and then see the Edinburgh castle. By the time we made it to the top we saw such beautiful sites we decided we would go inside even though we had heard multiple times that it was not worth it. Thank God we didn't listen to the advise not to go in, because it was worth every penny! The castle was built in 9th century BC. It is still used as a military base today. Bailey Dana and I split up and went through the castle together. We took our time and had such a wonderful experience. It gave me goose bumps to see the Scotish skyline form atop a cliff form the side of a castle. I was so happy to be somewhere that I fell in love with, yet had honestly never heard of before planning the trip! It was such a weird feeling! But back to the castle, we even got to see the royal jewels. These puppies were highly guarded and were worth soooooooo much! They were very awesome to see though! After the castle the girls and I walked around the royal mile until we met back up with the others. After a coffee break we decided to split up again because the other group wanted to go shopping. There was definitely tension among the group because of the constant close quarters we had been confined to, so splitting up was the best option. So Bailey Dana and I went to go find the two tombstones J.K. Rowling used to name 2 characters in the Harry Potter books. I had absolutely no interest in finding these but Bailey really wanted to see these tomb stones so Dana and I helped her look. We found them and it was honestly pretty cool. After that we met back up with the group for dinner and then headed back to the hostel.
This is where things take a turn for the cultured! When I walked into the front doors of our Hostel I was shocked to see sooooo many people. Our hostel had a bar it was a full capacity and people were even on the stairs leading up to the rooms because there was no where else to sit. We weren't sure what the fuss was about but we assumed it was a football "soccer" game that was on. We assumed right, It happened to be the Scotish cup and the Edinburgh team won! Jessie and I found thi out on the stairs where we were stopped by 5 guys around our age. They filled us in on the details and invited us to sit and drink with them in the stairwell. We did, and had the time of our lives! These guys were celebrating this amazing win, and it was even sweeter for them because they had won the cup against their rivals ! After getting to know the guys for a couple hours and after last call was called around 1 they invited us to the bars with them. Jessie, Bailey, Dana, and I all went! We walked to a club called silk. While we were walking my friend David had to go because his grandma was in the hospital and his mom called saying things weren't looking good. I was sad because he was my pal, and the one who I could actually understand when he spoke! The others guys and us headed into silk and boy were the 4 of us girls underdressed. Had we not been Americans I doubt the bouncer would have let us in! But being American was a great thing in Scotland. As soon as people heard us speak they were instantly intrigued and wanted to talk to us. Even buy us drinks! =) After about an hour we decided to leave because we had a day of travel ahead of us. So we said goodbye to our new Scottish friends and headed home.
DAY 3
Much to our surprise when we woke up some of our friends (John, Scott, and Collin) stayed in our hostel. Apparently they lived on a peninsula of Scotland and passed out on the couches! But when we woke up we didn't have much time to chat with them before we headed back to Liverpool. Jessie and I want to plan a day trip back to hang out with them again. They were so chill and we hope to stay in touch. The train ride home was uneventful and I slept most of the way. Once we finally made it to our rooms I caught up on a few American shows on my computer and passed out! Scotland was such a great place and I hope I can go back sometime!
4 comments:
It was the first time we had won it since 2006 but the other team had not won it in 11 years! :)
We weren't meant to stay in the hostel, we just fell asleep on the sofa because we were to drunk :D
*111 years
ohhhhh thanks I was really confused!! hahah I'll fix that!
I love that you're blogging. Why does 'blog' sound so depressing? Who knows. I was reading them backwards, but the time came and I realized the blogs were in ascending order.
I love the story about the IU kid and the Haunted Tour, I'm still laughing.
I had tears pouring down my face as I read your adventures. My soul is so happy that you're there, seeing the world, you are fearless. My heart aches with worry that I can't protect when you are so far away. But that's when I can hear God 'I got this, Am'.
Anyways, Max had his preschool program last night. On his own discretion he put on his suite! He didn't wear the Spiderman! My little baby's growing up. Maybe it was that tough love you gave him the morning we left to take you to the airport.
Mom's graduation was TIZ-IGHT! She looked so beautiful, she stuck out like a sore thumb. That blond hair, she's a local celebrity.
I can not stand not hearing your voice. It's like your in the Pen. Or better yet, an open adoption. We only hear from you at certain times, only get pics and updates randomly!!!! Like Catelynn and Tyler-Teen Mom (season 1).
I love you so much my little sister, and I am so proud of you and what you are becoming. My little traveler of the world. I can not wait to see your face. Be safe, and don't forget to shuffle your feet. Amby
Post a Comment