Saturday, June 23, 2012
Week 1 of teaching!
The first week of teaching was pretty painless! Bailey and I taught a lesson on the civil war. Our kids were super interested and payed attention pretty well. Other than our lesson we just aided our classroom teacher and planned upcoming lessons. Along with all our lessons some of us are in a reading class that requires us to tutor a struggling reader for 15-20 minutes a day. The lessons we do with them have to e planned and turned in at the end of our trip. I have a student who struggles with reading fluently and I honestly think he might be dyslexic. He often has all the correct letters but they are in the wrong order. I am not sure what to do to help him but we are working on writing book reports which will help his comprehension. I'm very excited to continue working with my student and continue to teach my class! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment